Click an image below to enlarge it and find out more information
Dartmoor Scenic Tours operates from Torbay. we pick you up from your hotel for a day exploring the moor, visiting some of the more interesting and iconic sites.
Tours last a whole day, 6-7 hours, using a modern 4×4 vehicle.
The price for a days tour is £180 and can accomodate up to 4 people. This price is for pick up from a hotel within the English Riviera/Torbay area. Pick up outside the catchment area may incur an extra charge to cover the extra mileage.
Some of the most interesting places are shown on the map above.
If you have particular places you want to see we will do our best to accommodate you but the moor is a big area, 368sq miles (954 sq km.) and many of the roads are narrow single track, the old saying, ‘Devon miles are longer,’ rings very true here.
Whether you want a more energetic day, involving some walking on the moor or to take things a little more easily we will take you to some of the more interesting places on Dartmoor and explain a little of how the moor was formed who lived here and what made it such an important place, historically and economically.
We look forward to sharing the day with you!
- Lunch is not included in the price. There are excellent pubs and cafes but please remember that in the summer they can get very busy.
- A packed lunch is ideal and saves time. What could be better than leaning back on a three million year old rock in the sunshine whilst having a picnic?
- These tours cannot be compared to tours on coaches as we go along many narrow lanes and visit sites that large coaches cannot get to.
- We will pick you up from your hotel at about 9.30 a.m. All tours last between 6 to 7 hours.
- As most sites necessitate walking over rough ground a degree of physical mobility is needed.
- If you have any special requests or needs please don't hesitate to mention these when booking. There are comfort stops'at Haytor, Widecombe, Post Bridge and Princetown.
- A chauffeured tour in a modern four wheel drive vehicle costs £180 and can accommodate a maximum of 4 adults. However, this vehicle is also fitted with 2 extra'jump' seats which may be suitable for children and may be used at no extra cost but are not suitable for adults.
- It may be possible for parties of 5 to 8 to be catered for by prior arrangement but because of the cost of hiring a bigger vehicle there is a minimum charge of £260.
- In event of extreme weather an alternative date may be arranged if possible.
- Please visit our Book and diary page for available dates and to make a booking.
- Please note:- Dartmoor is considerably higher than the surrounding area and can be much cooler. The weather can change quickly, bring a fleece and rain jacket. A hat can be useful. Even a light breeze at the top of a tor can be chilling.
- Wear stout shoes and don't forget your camera, sunscreen and sunglasses.